By John Arana
Creating Flash Widgets with Flash CS4 and ActionScript 3.0 is an advent to constructing widgets for the web utilizing the positive factors of Flash CS4 and ActionScript 3.0. Many social-networking websites, blogs, and private domestic pages have followed using widgets and Flash builders can create and distribute their very own widgets for others to take advantage of. A step by step instance demonstrates easy methods to layout and boost your personal Flash widgets and combine them with XML. moreover, publishing, selling, and capitalizing in your Flash widgets is mentioned.
What you’ll learn
- Using the instruments in Flash CS4
- Basic alterations of ActionScript 3.0
- Designing and constructing widgets
- Utilizing XML with widgets
- Publishing widgets to the net
- Promoting and capitalizing on widgets
Who this publication is for
Creating Flash Widgets with Flash CS4 and ActionScript 3.0 objectives beginner to intermediate Flash designers/developers attracted to studying tips to create and submit widgets for the net.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Flash Widgets
- Migrating to Flash CS4 and ActionScript 3.0
- Developing Your First Widget
- Taking Flash Widgets to the following point
- Publishing, selling, and Capitalizing in your Widgets
Read Online or Download Creating Flash Widgets with Flash CS4 and ActionScript 3.0 (FirstPress) PDF
Similar video production books
Web television is the vital electronic convergence medium, linking tv, telecommunications, the net, computing device purposes, video games, and extra. quickly, venturing past the benefit of viewer selection and keep an eye on, net television will let and inspire new kinds of leisure, schooling, and video games that benefit from the Internet's interactive functions.
This project-based advisor from Adobe will educate readers all they should recognize to create attractive interactive content material with Flash CS3. utilizing step by step directions with initiatives that construct at the wisdom realized in every one lesson, readers will examine the most important components of the Flash interface, together with panels, timelines, and frames.
Editor's word: there was a subject with the book's spouse web site. Focal Press is solving the issue. within the meanwhile, please stopover at http://www. routledge. com/cw/sullivan-978024081872/ for the entire fabric promised within the e-book. From demo reel production to competition shorts, scholars and execs alike are growing lively shorts which are dynamic and eye catching however the time constraints of those shorts are demanding of their personal correct.
- Object-oriented software engineering : practical software development using UML and Java
- Adobe Flash Professional CS5 on Demand
- Final Cut Studio On the Spot, Third Edition
- Flash Cinematic Techniques: Enhancing Animated Shorts and Interactive Storytelling
- iPod: The Missing Manual
Additional resources for Creating Flash Widgets with Flash CS4 and ActionScript 3.0 (FirstPress)
Any font, color, and size will do (I used the Good Times font, a green color, and a 22pt size). Type in a message of your choice and give this text field an instance name of message so you can access it with ActionScript. 10. Return to the main timeline and give the message board you just created an instance name of messageBoard. 0 setting Blur X and Blur Y to 3, Strength to 50 percent, and Quality set to High. 11. Using the Line Tool (N), draw two vertical lines from the back two corners of the floor to the message board.
Jpg is now loaded } In AS3, there is also a new model for sound playback. The Sound class represents a sound that can be played and SoundChannel holds and can control a sound that is playing. play(); In this example, you could also add an event to SoundChannel that fires when sound has finished playing or use it to check the position of sound while it is playing. The last change we’ll be going over is the addition of the Timer class. The AS2 way of handling time based actions, setInterval and clearInterval, are still available in AS3 but the new Timer class follows the AS3 event model and is overall a better way to handle time based events.
12. Now place the forearm so the edge of it is to about the middle of the elbow, select Modify h Arrange h Send to Back to place it under the elbow. Attach the hand, select all three parts, and turn them into a movie clip with the name lowerArm. 13. Position the shoulder over the top-right edge of the torso and attach the upper arm, overlapping the shoulder at about the center of it. With the upper arm still selected, select Modify h Arrange h Send to Back to place it behind the shoulder. 14. Next attach the lower arm to the upper arm, overlapping it to about the middle of the elbow.